www.Shortreelz.com is carrying the business and is a platform for Film Makers and Film Festival Organisers to submit their Films and participate in Film Festivals organized in India and abroad.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
- Contact information : When you register with our platform, we collect your Name, Email, Mobile number, Phone number, Street, City, State, Pin code, Country and IP address. To ensure better protection of your privacy, we provide you with the details of our information collection and disclosure policies, and the choices you make about the way your information is collected and used by our platform.
- Sensitive Personal Data: We do not collect or otherwise Process Personal Information about race or ethnicity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life, any actual or alleged criminal offences or penalties, or any other information that may be deemed to be sensitive under GDPR (collectively, “Sensitive Personal Information”) in the ordinary course of our business. Where it becomes necessary to Process Sensitive Personal Information under GDPR, we would rely on one of the following legal bases: Compliance with applicable Law: We may Process your Sensitive Personal Information where the Processing is required or permitted by applicable Law; Detection and prevention of crime: We may Process your Sensitive Personal Information where the Processing is necessary for the detection or prevention of crime (including the prevention of fraud); Establishment, exercise or defense of legal rights: We may Process your Sensitive Personal Information where the Processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal rights; or Consent: We may Process your Sensitive Personal Information where we have, in accordance with applicable Law, obtained your prior, express consent prior to Processing your Sensitive Personal Information.
- All Film Festival Organisers who are registered on our website www.shortreelz.com will access the information submitted by the Film Makers and Organisers of Film Festivals and must agree to and undertake and adhere to by abide to the Terms and Conditions of the Website www.shortreelz.com.We collect and store your search details on our Website www.shortreelz.com including your search history, the usage of the Website www.shortreelz.com and the features and number of times you have used the Website. We are committed to keeping all such sensitive data / information safe at all times and ensure that such data / information is transacted securely on our Site. We provide the highest possible degree of care available under the technology presently in use. We collect and store all such information in our internal Company servers for a finite period of time, as long as you are a Registered User of the Website www.shortreelz.com and once you deregister we immediately delete all such information upon expiry of your Usership. We also delete all aforementioned communication upon withdrawal of Usership of any single Party to the communication.
- Information on post: We collect information you post in a public space on our website or on a third-party website.
- Demographic information: We may collect demographic information about you, events you like, events you intend to participate in, or any other information provided by you during the use of our website and platform. We might collect this as a part of a survey also. The interaction with any Film Festival Organisers accessed through our platform “www.shortreelz.com” is at your own risk and “www.shortreelz.com” is not responsible or liable for the same.
- We use your tracking information such as IP addresses, and/or Device ID to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information. We shall not license or trade your personal information. We shall not share your personal information with others unless they are acting under our instructions or we are required to do so by Law.
- Information collected via our server logs includes “users'” IP addresses and the pages visited; this will be used to manage the web system and any troubles or problems you may encounter. We also use third-party analytics, tracking, optimization and targeting tools to understand how “Users” engage with our website “www.shortreelz.com” so that we can improve it and cater personalized content / ads according to their preferences.
- OTHER INFORMATION: If you use our website ”www.shortreelz.com”, we may collect information about your IP address and the browser you are using. We might look at what site you came from, duration of time spent on our website, pages accessed or what site you visit when you leave us. We might also collect the type of mobile device you are using, or the version of the operating system your computer or device is running.
- WE COLLECT INFORMATION IN DIFFERENT WAYS:
- We collect information directly from you: We collect information directly from you when you register for displaying a film in a Film Festival, Event or Contest. We also collect information if you post a comment on our websites www.shortreelz.com or ask us a question through phone or mail.
- Further, transacting over the internet has inherent risks which can only be avoided by you following security practices yourself, such as not revealing account / login related information to any other person and informing our customer care team about any suspicious activity or where your account has been compromised.
- At every stage prior to, during or after information collection, you have the right to access all personally identifiable information provided, and rectify or alter the personally identifiable information provided, and restrict the level of information to be retained as per your sole discretion.
- OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION:
The information provided by you shall be used to
- Contact you when necessary and is also used for targeted marketing campaigns i.e. email marketing, remarketing, look alike campaigns etc., corporate surveys, to learn more about you by linking your data with additional data through Third-Party Data Providers or analyzing the data with the help of Analytical Service Providers.
- Improve and develop new products, services, and features.
- Analyze, usage and traffic data. Further, your personal data and Sensitive Personal data will be collected and stored by us for internal record.
- WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU PASSIVELY: We use tracking tools like Google Analytics, Google Webmaster, Browser Cookies and Web Beacons for collecting information about your usage of our website ”www.shortreelz.com”.
- We use data collection devices such as "Cookies" on certain pages of our Websites. "Cookies" are small files sited on your hard drive that assists us in customized services. We also offer certain features that are only available through the use of a "Cookie". Cookies can also help us provide information targeted to your interests. Cookies may be used to identify Logged in or Registered Users. Our Website www.shortreelz.com uses session Cookies to ensure that you have a trouble free experience. These Cookies contain a unique number, your session ID', which allows our Server to recognize your Computer and 'remember' what you have logged in on the site. The various benefits of this are:
- You only need to log in once if you are navigating secure areas of the site.
- Our server can distinguish between your computer and other Users, so you can see the information that you have requested. You can choose to accept or decline Cookies by modifying your browser settings if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website ”www.shortreelz.com”. We also use various third party Cookies for usage, behavioral, analytics and preferences data. The following are the different types of Cookies used on the Website.
- Cookies: To identify the user and share the content that he or she requested for.
- Functionality cookies: For customized User experience and resuming past course progress.
- Tracking, optimization and targeting Cookies: To capture usage metric on device, operating system, browser etc.
- To capture behavioral metrics for analysis and tracking of content delivery. To cater and suggest most suited products and services.
- We use Google Analytics to help us to understand how you make use of our content and work out how we can make things better. These Cookies follow your progress through our website, collecting anonymous data on where you have come from, which pages you visit, and how long you spend on the site. This information is then stored by Google in order to create reports. These Cookies do not store your personal data.
- EXTERNAL LINKS ON THE WEBSITE:
The Website will include advertisements, hyperlinks to other websites, applications, content or resources. We have no control over any websites or requests and contents which are provided by Companies or persons other than us. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of any such external applications and content on their sites or resources, and do not endorse any advertising, services / products or other materials on or available from such websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of the availability of those external sites or resource and the result of any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products or other materials on or available from, such websites or resources. These external Websites and Resource Providers may have their own privacy policies governing the collection, storage, retention and disclosure of Your Personal Information that you may disclose. We recommend that you enter the external Website and review their privacy policies. If you require a list of third-party links on our Website, please write to us at email@example.com and we will provide you with the same.
- STORAGE AND SECURITY: We may store Personal Data itself or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by our affiliates, agents or service providers. We take what we believe to be reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Services from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, inadvertent disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data via the Internet.
- EU Residents: General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides certain rights for EU residents. You may decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide some of the features and functionality of the Services. These rights include, in accordance with applicable Law, the right to object to or request the restriction of processing of your information, and to request access to, rectification, erasure and portability of your own information. Where we process your information on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent (noting that such withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of any Processing performed prior to the date on which we receive notice of such withdrawal, and does not prevent the Processing of your Personal Information in reliance upon any other available legal bases). Requests should be submitted by contacting us (using the contact instructions below). If you are an EU resident and have any unresolved privacy concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily after contacting us, you have the right to contact the appropriate EU Supervisory Authority and lodge a complaint.
- If you are an EU resident, you may have certain rights including: the right not to provide your Personal Information to us; the right of access to your Personal Information; the right to request rectification of inaccuracies; the right to request the erasure, or restriction of Processing, of your Personal Information; the right to object to the Processing of your Personal Information; the right to have your Personal Information transferred to another controller; the right to withdraw consent; and the right to lodge complaints with supervisory authorities. We may require proof of or need to verify your identity before we can give effect to these rights.
- CONTROL OF YOUR PASSWORD:
When you sign up to register with our website you will also be asked to become a Member, choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. It is important that you protect it against unauthorized access of your account and information by choosing your password carefully, and keep your password and computer secure by signing out after using our services. You agree not to use the account, username, email address or password of another Member at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You are responsible for all actions taken with your login information and password. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personally identifiable information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password and agree to notify us immediately if you suspect any consistent unauthorized use of your account or access to your password even after changing it.
We treat data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by members inside and outside the Company. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Info you have submitted to us and information that we have accessed.
- WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU FROM THIRD PARTIES: For example, if you use an integrated social media feature on our website, the third-party social media site will give us certain information about you. This could include your name and email address.
- USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- We use information to contact you : We might use the information you provide to contact you for confirmation of a Registration on our website or for other promotional purposes.
- We use information to respond to your requests or questions : We might use your information to confirm your registration for participating in a film festival.
- We use information to improve our products and services : We might use your information to customize your experience with us. This could include displaying content based upon your preferences.
- We use information to look at site trade and customer interests : We might use your information to make our website better. We may combine information we get from you with information about you we get from third parties.
- We use information for security purposes : We may use information to protect our Company, our Customers, or our Websites.
- We use information for marketing purposes : We might send you information about Film Festival or Shows where your films may be displayed. We might also tell you about new features or products.
- SHARING OF INFORMATION WITH THIRD-PARTIES:
We will share information with Third Parties who Sponsor festivals and wish to display them at the Film Festival organized by Film Festivals.
- FESTIVAL EMAILS: We allow Festivals to use our email system to contact Filmmakers for their current and past events, so you may receive emails from our system that originate with such Festivals.
- WE WILL SHARE INFORMATION WITH THE SPONSORS OF DIFFERENT FILM FESTIVALS: The Sponsors of Film Festival and other parties may use the information we give them as described in their Privacy Policies.
- AGENTS, CONSULTANTS AND RELATED THIRD PARTIES: We, like many businesses, sometimes engage other Companies to perform certain Business-Related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, fraud prevention and maintaining databases. When we engage another Company to perform such functions, we may provide them with information, including Personal Data, in connection with their performance of such functions.
- WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION IF WE THINK WE HAVE TO IN ORDER TO COMPLY WITH THE LAW OR TO PROTECT OURSELVES: We will share information to respond to a Court order or Subpoena. We may also share it if a Government Agency or investigatory body requests. Or, we might also share information when we are investigating a potential fraud.
- WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION WITH ANY SUCCESSOR TO ALL OR PART OF OUR BUSINESS: For example, if part of our business is sold we may give our customer list as part of that transaction.
- WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION FOR REASONS NOT DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY: We will tell you before we do this. In any such event, we will inform you before sharing your information.
- EMAIL OPT-OUT:
You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving our promotional emails, please email firstname.lastname@example.org It may take about ten days to process your request. Even if you opt out of getting marketing messages, we will still be sending you transactional messages through emails and SMS about your participation.
- THIRD PARTY SITES:
- GRIEVANCE OFFICER:
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, and as amended from time to time the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below :
If you have any questions about this Policy or other Privacy concerns, you can email us at webmaster email@example.com
- JURISDICTION: If you choose to visit the website, www.shortreelz.com your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Policy and the Website www.shortreelz.com Terms and Conditions of use. In addition to the foregoing, any disputes arising under this Policy shall be governed by the Laws of India and the courts in Mumbai alone will have jurisdiction over any disputes arising under this Policy.